Sunday, July 12, 2009

Farmer's Market: Cigar Store Indian

I saw this Cigar Store Indian in a parking lot adjacent to the Green Bay Farmer's Market. I'm not sure if it was something they bought there or were bringing to their booth and hadn't muscled it over there yet.

For me it brought up pleasant memories of a great band from Crabapple, GA (Atlanta, GA area) that I used to travel all over to see. If you trust my taste in music you can find out more about the bands on their wikipedia and myspace pages. The band is clearly defunct or on hiatus, but their original lineup was spectacular live ... even in front of crowds of five or less. I might be able to persuaded to put a video I took of them doing a cover of "Ring of Fire" seguing to "I Wanna Be Sedated" and back to "Ring of Fire". They even played Oshkosh's Waterfest a couple of times. But I digress ...

2 comments:

  1. I never did understand the connection between cigars and native Americans…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilda, I don't think it's necessarily cigars; perhaps it's the Native American's traditional use of tobacco? Seems like a reasonable connection.

    ReplyDelete