Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bertrand's Sporting Goods

Just north of the old west side downtown in a slowly decaying neighborhood. Bertrand's reminds me of those neighborhood hardware stores where they can tell you exactly what you need for the job at hand. It is hands down the best sporting goods store in Green Bay.

Looking for a kayak roof rack earlier this year they were not only extremely helpful, they put it together for me and installed it on my car.

Some of the big sporting goods stores in town had equivalent systems but couldn't really tell me anything about it ... despite having 30 kayaks (and much more other related equipment) tied down in various spots throughout the store.

My favorite visit to one of the large stores was when one employee claimed not to sell roof racks, all the while he was leaning against the display stand with the same equipment, I wound up purchasing at Bertrand's.

No comments:

Post a Comment