Sunday, October 18, 2009

Meyer Theatre - Side View

Here is the side view of the Meyer Theatre. You can also make out Caffe' Espresso and it's awning in the foreground. I like the restaurant but for some reason just don't go there very much. I'll have to get it back in my rotation.

A quick aside there used to be an alternative music club in the building where the Meyer is housed. I think they called it Club 219 and it's entrace was from Walnut Street, not Washington. The Club seemed to come and go but definitely was gone for good around 1999. It was located back stage of the Meyer ... I remember seeing all the equipment that still ran the curtains back there. They had small dance floors on those risers and two small bars near the entrance, which was probably a back stage entrance for the Meyer before being refurbished.

No comments:

Post a Comment